Lanamark today announced availability of the Desktop Analysis Pack for Lanamark Suite. This new analysis pack is designed to help solution providers
- Efficiently analyze existing physical desktop infrastructure.
- Right-size virtual desktop infrastructure to avoid under- or over-provisioning.
- Help enterprises rationalize software licenses to reduce software costs and the risk of non-compliance.
The Desktop Analysis Pack for Lanamark Suite
- Distinguishes desktops from laptops to identify mobile users.
- Determines associations between workstations and external devices such as monitors, printers and scanners.
- Leverages Lanamark Software Intelligence (LSI) technology to recognize software applications installed versus ones actually used across the enterprise.
The combined information about desktop hardware and software enables solution providers to
- Identify desktops most suitable for virtualization
- Determine what type of thin client devices would be most appropriate for end users
- Recommend how software applications should be allocated to minimize licensing costs.